Friday 4 January 2013

A productive Christmas!

I've tried experimenting with a few different painting options. Such as flags on top of the vehicles.
Only problem is I cant use the M1's for any other nation other then the US. 
 Chinese tanks ambush the advancing M1's
I need some feedback on this camo scheme. I know the flash doesn't really compliment the paint scheme but flick through all the pic's before making any solid conclusions. 




 Four years of 1/300 war gaming 
 Heres my 1/350 USS Wasp 
 I hope you realise just how much effort goes into a project like this!
 Finally, would love to hear some feedback on the 'water' with regard to realism. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. 
Hope you all had a productive Christmas. I wish all of you the best for the new year. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi, just came to your blog looking for some inspiration for 6mm wargaming, and your stuff is lovely! The Wasp is awesome, great job!
    As to the merkava camo it is nice, quite catching the real one.
    Keep up the good job, I'll be following.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several countries us the Abrams: US, Australia, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Kuwait. Jordan uses the M1s(M60 hull with M1A1 turret/also use Challenger 1). Give Iraq M1A1... The Merkavas look fine, although I cannot tell if the are two color or one with some shading..? Your Wasp is excellent, even if not, it is excellent, move to Jacksonville, FL, USA. We will take on all oponents. I see the Osprey on the deck, almost hidden. Add a few AV-8s, the USA just bought the rest of the Brit's Harriers.
    I am enjoying your website.
    Chrisswim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris. I'm currently looking at getting the USS New York! Then on top of that an Alreigh Burke, a Type 45 destroyer and finally an Astute class sub. Looking at adding one of those Navy Seal vehicle pods to the top of the sub. Especially for those stealthy infiltrations. If I did get round to building it I think I'd also make some new rules. Just for my SBS/ Navy Seal teams. Such as High Value Targets, close target recce's, hostage evac. and artillery spotting. I think a good way of doing it would be to have a tiny pre-game, in which SBS teams would have to insert remain undetected and complete certain objectives. They could then stay on the ground during the main amphibious assault and cause havoc behind enemy lines. All I need are a flight of A-10's to achieve the "havocking". I hope the A10's never leave service. Ive spoken to quite a few Brits who've had the pleasure of working with them and they all say they deliver unrivalled support to ground forces! Here's hoping! Anyway, if I do decide to get the USS New York, You can take her off my hands, just for the assault!! I'm happy with the Wasp. Just need to buy those pesky GHQ F-35's! Here's hoping their the Bravo variant! Thanks for the continued support! P.S. Great knowledge!

    ReplyDelete